This group of activists joined the Wellstone Club as a committee in 2012 to engage in various progressive mobilizations.
In January 2013, we decided to focus on Proposition 13 commercial property tax reform. We are now gathering signatures to put on the 2018 ballot an initiative constitutional amendment providing that commercial property shall be reassessed regularly, not just when sold.
We will be canvassing door-to- door and at high-traffic public spaces to gather as many signatures as possible and to educate voters about the initiative.
Wellstone members who want to help should email Kitty Calavita.
Statewide Allies in the Campaign
Other EBCFA Campaigns
- Oakland Jobs Not Cuts Rally (2011)
- Move Your Money campaign (2011–2012)
- Millionaires’ Tax ballot initiatives (2012)
- Walking precincts in CD 10 to elect a Democrat to Congress (2012, 2014, 2016, 2018)
- Opposing the recall of state Senator Josh Newman (2017, 2018)
- Supporting the Healthy California Act and the Disclose Act (2017, 2018)
The committee meets about once a month at members’ houses. We set the next date at the end of each meeting. After a potluck at 6:00, the meeting begins at 6:45. We discuss actions and groups we’re engaged in and how to make the most impact to move our issues forward.
New participants are heartily welcomed!