The Wellstone Democratic Renewal Club (WDRC) is an activist Democratic Party club in the East Bay.
- Advance an agenda of economic, racial, and social justice; environmental sustainability; and peace.
- Support and participate in grassroots initiatives that further these goals.
- Endorse and help to elect candidates who will represent these values in public office.
- Join in building a progressive majority in the United States.
We serve as a bridge between social justice movements and electoral and legislative politics.
Through our monthly public forums, our committees and task forces, and our coalition efforts, we create common ground for advocates of racial and gender equity, affordable housing, public education, climate change action, immigrant rights, universal health care, LGBTQ rights, disability rights, and other social justice issues.
We back efforts to challenge the power of corporations and the super-rich, to shift national resources from the military–industrial complex, and to redirect our foreign policy from intervention to international cooperation.
WDRC collaborates with other Democratic clubs as well as regional and national organizations to promote an effective progressive agenda. In 2020, we aim to help defeat Trump and elect candidates, up and down the ballot, who support that agenda.
We welcome your participation in our committees, task forces, and coalition groups. Currently, these include:
- Racial and Criminal Justice
- Voting Rights
- California Sanctuary Campaign
- BBBON (Block by Block Organizing Network) – an Oakland community network
- EBCFA (East Bay Citizens for Action) – working for Prop 13 reform
We encourage Club members to form new committees and task forces around issues that move them.