Very interesting series of articles by local writer J. Douglas Allen Taylor: this is Part 6 with links to the other five. Check them out!
The NY Times is posting frequent updates for the California primary election vote tallies: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/06/05/us/elections/results-california-primary-elections.html. If you’re not a subscriber you can read it by opening the link in an anonymous (or “incognito”) browser session.
Groups you can join who are working for a Democratic Congress this year:
- Indivisible Berkeley
- Working America: mobilizing volunteers in the Central Valley for CA-10 and CA-21 Congressional districts
- SwingLeft: background on CA-10 plus canvassing events
- Democracy ActionL phone-banking, voter registration, and other events around the Bay Area to help Democrats nationally
: phone-banking for various congressional races
Our club endorsements for the June 5th primary election are up on our Endorsements page. We are endorsing:
- Alameda County Sheriff: write-in vote of “No Confidence”
- US House of Representatives, CD-13: Congresswoman Barbara Lee (incumbent)
- US Senate: Kevin de León
- California Assembly District 18: Assemblymember Rob Bonta (incumbent)
- California State Superintendent of Public Instruction: Tony Thumond
- California State Board of Equalization District 2: Malia Cohen
- Alameda County Measure A (Child Care / Early Education): YES