Since there’s no club meeting this month we’re skipping the coordinating committee meeting normally held the first Monday of the month. See you at the picnic on July 29th! We are having a special coordinating committee meeting on July 30 to help prep for the endorsement meeting in August.
Rep. Barbara Lee released this statement today requesting UN observers investigate the family separations at the border, which may or may not be stopping because of Trump’s executive order:
Very interesting series of articles by local writer J. Douglas Allen Taylor: this is Part 6 with links to the other five. Check them out!
The NY Times is posting frequent updates for the California primary election vote tallies: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/06/05/us/elections/results-california-primary-elections.html. If you’re not a subscriber you can read it by opening the link in an anonymous (or “incognito”) browser session.
Groups you can join who are working for a Democratic Congress this year:
- Indivisible Berkeley
- Working America: mobilizing volunteers in the Central Valley for CA-10 and CA-21 Congressional districts
- SwingLeft: background on CA-10 plus canvassing events
- Democracy ActionL phone-banking, voter registration, and other events around the Bay Area to help Democrats nationally
: phone-banking for various congressional races
Our club endorsements for the June 5th primary election are up on our Endorsements page. We are endorsing:
- Alameda County Sheriff: write-in vote of “No Confidence”
- US House of Representatives, CD-13: Congresswoman Barbara Lee (incumbent)
- US Senate: Kevin de León
- California Assembly District 18: Assemblymember Rob Bonta (incumbent)
- California State Superintendent of Public Instruction: Tony Thumond
- California State Board of Equalization District 2: Malia Cohen
- Alameda County Measure A (Child Care / Early Education): YES
Indivisible East Bay has created a very helpful side-by-side comparison of Pamela Price and Nancy O’Malley on all the issues and endorsements – read it here: https://indivisibleeb.org/alameda-da-report-card/